Pool Rules & Regulations
1. Facility for members and their guest only.
2. Before entering the pool, you must take a soap shower.
3. Persons with communicable diseases are not allowed in the pool.
4. Any person with open cuts or sores must have a doctor's note before using the pool. No bandages are allowed in the pool.
5. No glass objects are allowed in the pool or in the locker room.
6. No running or horseplay allowed in the pool or the locker room.
7. All persons MUST display a pool participation card to the locker room attendant before entering the pool.
8. Rules for diving and swimming are posted in the pool area. Participants should familiarize themselves with these regulations.
9. Persons under the age of six and nonswimming children must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian who is IN THE POOL.
Memberships are available from receptionists on duty in the lower lobby of the pool.
General Pool Hours
FAMILY: Two adults and all family members age 6-18. Full Year $150.00
ADULT: Full Year $100.00
SENIOR: Age 60 and above Full Year $70.00
YOUTH: Age 6-18 Full Year $80.00
GUEST: When the pool is not at full capacity a member may sponsor a guest. GUEST FEES: Child $2.00 Adult $5.00 Persons under the age of six are welcome to use the pool as part of the family swim. A parent must be in the pool with children under the age of 6 as well as children of any age wearing a bubble.
At various times throughout the year, special programs of instruction are offered to pool members. These programs are instructive in nature and run for set periods. Program information is available at the pool and through the local news media. Please check the lobby bulletin board for the latest details.
Pool Use Information
The pool is operated by the Quincy Recreation Department year round on the following schedule:
SUMMER INSTRUCTIONAL 11:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
SUMMER RECREATIONAL 5:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
WINTER RECREATIONAL 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m
WEEKENDS 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Special programs are held during school vacations. The pool is usually closed when school is cancelled because of holidays or weather.
Additional scheduling information is posted on the bulletin board in the lobby of the pool.
Please consult the seasonal schedule for the exact time of each group swim.
EACH PERSON MAY ONLY SWIM ONE SWIM PER SESSION. THOSE WHO SWIM IN A FAMILY SWIM MAY NOT SWIM IN AN AGE GROUP SWIM BEFORE OR AFTER.
FAMILY SWIMS: Are for adults with a child and a child with an adult. The parent does not have to swim unless his/her child is under the age of six or wears a bubble. The parent MUST, however, remain in the spectator area if he/she chooses not to swim. When adults swim with the family, they may bring two guests. Adults who do not swim may not sponsor non-member guests.
FAMILY ”A” and FAMILY ”B”: When two family swims are on the same day, participants may swim in only one session. They are offered at different times for the convenience of the participants.
ADULT SWIMS: Are for persons age 19 and over.
YOUTH SWIMS: Are for persons age 6-18 with swimming ability.
SENIOR SWIMS: Are for persons age 60 and over.
SCUBA: A course that is free but does not lead to certification.
SPECIAL GROUPS: Small youth groups (church, community, scouts etc.) are eligible for special swims during non-peak sessions. Approval must be obtained in advance from the Recreation Department Office.
HANDICAPPED: Special times are scheduled for handicapped persons, please see pool supervisor for details