Recreational Swimming at the Lincoln Hancock Pool
Memberships are available online in the Membership section of www.QuincyRec.com
FAMILY: Two adults and all family members age 6-18. Full Year $175.00
ADULT: Full Year $125.00
SENIOR: Age 60 and above Full Year $75.00
YOUTH: Age 6-18 Full Year $100.00
GUEST: When the pool is not at full capacity a member may sponsor a guest.
GUEST FEES: Child $5.00 Adult $10.00
Persons under the age of six are welcome to use the pool as part of the family swim. A parent must be in the pool with children under the age of 6 as well as children of any age wearing a swim bubble.
Pool Rules & Regulations
1. Facility for members and their guest only.
2. Before entering the pool, you must take a soap shower.
3. Persons with communicable diseases are not allowed in the pool.
4. Any person with open cuts or sores must have a doctor's note before using the pool. No bandages are allowed in the pool.
5. No glass objects are allowed in the pool or in the locker room.
6. No running or horseplay allowed in the pool or the locker room.
7. All persons MUST display a pool participation card to the Supervisor on duty before entering the pool.
8. Rules for diving and swimming are posted in the pool area. Participants should familiarize themselves with these regulations.
9. Persons under the age of six and non-swimming children must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian who is IN THE POOL.
Pool Use Information
OPEN FAMILY SWIMS:
- Open swimming time allows for free swimming, water play, use of the diving board, as well as other activities that use the entire pool area at once.
- Children under the age of six or who require a swim bubble MUST always have an adult in the water with them.
- Parents of children ages 6 through 10 who choose not to swim MUST remain in the spectator area.
- Participants must pass a swim test to be eligible to swim in the deep end of the pool.
- Lap swimming is for those over the age of 18 who want to swim continuously in one lane.
Lap Swim Etiquette Tips:
These lap pool etiquette tips will ensure you have a good experience with your fellow lap swimmers.
1. Choose Your Lane Carefully
If it’s a busy day at the pool, you may not get a lane all to yourself. Lanes can easily accommodate more than one swimmer.
2. Stay to the Right
Once you’ve joined a lane, you’ll want to stick to the right side for the entirety of your workout. This is known as circle swimming, meaning you circle the lane in a counterclockwise motion, always sticking to the right-hand side. Don’t cross sides or lanes unless you’re sure you won’t be disturbing anyone.
3. Give Others Space
Polite swimmers give everyone plenty of space in the pool. Don’t crowd in on someone if you’re sharing a lane. Wait about five seconds after the last swimmer has passed before getting in the pool.
4. Allow Others to Pass
Likewise, you want to allow others to pass if they’re swimming at a faster pace than you. Someone may want to pass. Allow them to pass by stopping at the nearest wall.
5. Keep Straight
It may be difficult at first, but it’s important to stay on a straight path when swimming laps. Try looking down at the line on the bottom of the pool or look up at a specific spot outside the pool for reference.
6. Rest in the Corner
If you’re a new swimmer, you’re likely to get tired during your workout. Take a break by resting in the shallow end of the pool.
7. Push Off Underwater
Other swimmers will appreciate your consideration when you push off underwater, minimizing splashes and big waves.
General Pool Hours
At various times throughout the year, special programs of instruction are offered to pool members. These programs are instructive in nature and run for set periods. Program information is available at the pool and through the local news media. Please check the lobby bulletin board for the latest details.
The pool is operated by the Quincy Recreation Department year round on the following schedule:
SUMMER INSTRUCTIONAL 11:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
SUMMER RECREATIONAL 5:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
SUMMER WEEKENDS 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
WINTER RECREATIONAL 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
WEEKENDS 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Special programs are held during school vacations. The pool is usually closed when school is cancelled because of holidays or weather.
Additional scheduling information is posted on the bulletin board in the lobby of the pool.
Please consult the seasonal schedule for the exact time of each group swim.
Schedules are subject to change.