Instructional Ice Skating
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Skates and Helmets
Participants need to provide their own skates, which may be figure or hockey skates with a single blade.
** Please Note: All Participants MUST Wear A Helmet!! **
Bicycle or hockey helmets are acceptable for the purposes of our program.
Hockey helmets are acceptable with or without the facemask.
Session One for this program will consist of 7 weekly lessons on Wednesday afternoons beginning on
Wednesday, November 1, 2023 at 3:05 p.m. or 4:00 p.m. for $85.00!!
Session Two for this program will consist of 7 weekly lessons on Wednesday afternoons beginning on
Wednesday, January 3, 2024 at 3:05 p.m. or 4:00 p.m. for $85.00!!
The Instructional Ice Skating Program is open to boys and girls age 6 through 14. Both classes offer the same levels of instruction.
* Children are NOT allowed on the ice surface until authorized by an instructor.
* Mrs. Gaughan is available to answer and questions regarding proper lacing, fit, or type of skates.
* Please be sure that youngster’s skates are laced and tied properly when they are dropped off at the rink. It is not possible for the instructors to tie or tighten each participant’s skates, as this would take up valuable class time.
* It is strongly recommended that all skates be sharpened before first use.
* The Ice Skating Rink is EXTREMELY cold. Please have participants dress accordingly for the activity. Also, it is very important for participants to wear mittens or gloves, as well as, knee high socks or tights as ankle length socks will not be comfortable in the skates.
* The class can be observed at the rink level stands. We request that all non-skating children be closely supervised. The snack bar is usually open during our program.
* CANCELLATIONS: There are no lessons on days when the Quincy Public Schools are cancelled due to snow emergencies. If you are unsure of our activities due to inclement weather, please call our office on the day of the program, 617-376-1394.
Direction to Quincy Youth Arena
- Quincy Youth Arena is located at 60 Murphy Memorial Drive off of Sea Street in the Merrymount section of the City.
- Follow Sea Street from the Police Station towards Houghs Neck and Germantown. Murphy Memorial Drive is on the right hand side of Sea street adjacent to the former site of the Grumpy Whites Restaurant and diagonally across from Ginger Betty's Bakery.
First Session Lessons begin on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Second Session Lessons begin January 3, 2024.
Lessons will be held on Wednesdays at 3:05 pm and 4:00 pm.