Quincy Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Quincy Recreation Leaders-in-Training Program
Too young for a part-time job, but too old to be a camper? Get a head start on developing important job skills during an active session of learning teamwork and leadership skills.
What is the Leaders-in-Training (L.I.T.) Program?
This summer Quincy Recreation will be offering a Leaders-in-Training (L.I.T.) program for Quincy residents who are entering grades 9 and 10 in the fall of 2021. This program is designed for those who are ready to take on fresh challenges, opportunities, and responsibilities. L.I.T. Program participants will develop important life skills such as problem-solving, teamwork, and communication in a setting that is both supervised and supportive.
The Leaders-In-Training program will provide teens with training and hands-on experience with day-to-day activities at popular Quincy Recreation summer programs, under the supervision of Recreation Staff. While L.I.T.’s are not staff members, they will be treated with the utmost respect and will have a Performance Evaluation weekly. Please note that participation in this L.I.T. program does NOT guarantee being hired as a staff member.
It is strongly believed that everyone is a leader to some extent. An individual's actions influence and impact others around them. Because of this, we feel that it is important for everyone to understand what is required for good leadership and that is why we are beginning this Leaders-In-Training program.
Who should sign up for the Leaders-in-Training (L.I.T.) Program?
The Leaders-In-Training program is designed for those individuals entering grades 9 and 10 in the fall of 2021 who are interested in learning about leadership, teamwork, and working with children. L.I.T.’s must be great with kids, have tons of energy, be responsible, and like to have fun! The L.I.T.’s will assist in the day-to-day activities of clinics under the direction of the Recreation Department Staff.
Advantages to being a Leaders-in-Training (L.I.T.) Program participant:
- Get valuable training for future jobs
- Build relationships with people who can mentor you
- Gain confidence and increase your self-esteem
- Become a leader and have a hands-on summer helping children
- Hang out with friends and help the community
- Have a fun and awesome summer!
All Leaders-In-Training program participants will need to attend an orientation before their session starts. Dates and times will be announced when they are available.
- Leaders-in-Training will begin and end each day at Adams Field in Merrymount Park
- Leaders-in-Training participants will assist at Recreation Programs in Merrymount Park - Adams Field, Mitchell/McCoy Field, and Pageant Field.
- Supervised by the Quincy Recreation Staff.
Pick-up and Drop-off Information
- Pick-up and Drop-off will take place at the outfield gate of Adams Field in Merrymount Park.
- Initial registration is for Quincy residents only.
- Grades are as of September 2021.