Quincy Recreation Department
Skip to nav
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Quincy Recreation Leaders-in-Training Program
Too young for a part-time job, but too old to be a camper? Get a head start on developing important job skills during an active session of learning teamwork and leadership skills.
What is the Leaders-in-Training (L.I.T.) Program?
This summer Quincy Recreation will be offering a Leaders-in-Training (L.I.T.) program for Quincy residents who are entering grades 9 and 10 in the fall of 2023. This program is designed for those who are ready to take on fresh challenges, opportunities, and responsibilities. L.I.T. Program participants will develop important life skills such as problem-solving, teamwork, and communication in a setting that is both supervised and supportive.
The Leaders-In-Training program will provide teens with training and hands-on experience with day-to-day activities at popular Quincy Recreation summer programs, under the supervision of Recreation Staff. While L.I.T.’s are not staff members, they will be treated with the utmost respect and will have a Performance Evaluation weekly. Please note that participation in this L.I.T. program does NOT guarantee being hired as a staff member.
It is strongly believed that everyone is a leader to some extent. An individuals actions influence and impact others around them. Because of this, we feel that it is important for everyone to understand what is required for good leadership and that is why we are beginning this Leaders-In-Training program.
Who should sign up for the Leaders-in-Training (L.I.T.) Program?
The Leaders-In-Training program is designed for those individuals entering grades 9 and 10 in the fall of 2023 who are interested in learning about leadership, teamwork, and working with children. L.I.T.’s must be responsible, be great with kids, have tons of energy, and like to have fun! The L.I.T.’s will assist in the day-to-day activities of clinics under the direction of the Recreation Department Staff.
Advantages to being a Leaders-in-Training (L.I.T.) Program participant:
- Get valuable training for future jobs
- Build relationships with people who can mentor you
- Gain confidence and increase your self-esteem
- Become a leader and have a hands-on summer helping children
- Hang out with friends and help the community
- Have a fun and awesome summer!
- Leaders-in-Training will begin and end each day at the Richard J. Koch Park & Recreation Complex in Merrymount Park
- Leaders-in-Training participants will assist at a variety of Recreation Programs in Merrymount Park including the Richard J. Koch Park & Recreation Complex, Veteran's Memorial Stadium, Mitchell/McCoy Field, and Pageant Field.
- Supervised by the Quincy Recreation Staff.
Pick-up and Drop-off Information
- Drop-off and Pick-up is the Richard J Koch Park & Recreation Complex, One Merrymount Parkway
- Initial registration is for Quincy residents only.
- Grades are as of September 2023.